Friday, December 23, 2005

First Time Passing out Tracts At a Restaurant

Our family went out for a Christmas dinner. At the restaurant, we waited a few minutes to be seated. As we were being seated, we walked by a couple that was also waiting. I asked the fellow if he was interested in something to read while they waited, and he said “Yes.” I gave him a few ice-breaker tracts and told him they had the gospel message on the back side – and he thanked me.

As we were getting situated, I went across to a couple that was seated and gave them a tract as well, they thanked me and read the tract while they ate.

In the middle of the meal I noticed a young boy with his parents at a nearby table, and I went over and showed him the curving tract illusion. I showed him the back had a gospel message and gave it to him – both he and his parents were grateful.

Later, on the way out, I saw a couple waiting at their table to place their order and asked her if she had every given “him” (wasn’t sure if he was a boyfriend/husband/brother) a test before. I said the problem is this one is a tough one – and said it also had a gospel message.

As we were walking out I gave a few tracts to a person sitting on a bench waiting to be seated.

No comments: