Wednesday, July 12, 2006

That's Up To God!

I was on the phone recently with a business phone call. At the end of the call I decided to attempt to share the gospel. The person had a few minutes, and so I started through the good person test (I let him know that there was a moral at the end – so he wouldn’t be too concerned about the leading questions).

The phone call was to a company that values security, so all telephone calls are recorded (occasionally you could hear the beep in the background).

As we went through the commandments I was surprised when he admitted to having committed adultery. Following the commandments, I asked the summary question (if you were to die, and God were to judge you based on the ten commandments, would you be innocent or guilty). He said that would be up to God to decide.

I said that he had, unfortunately, just made it really easy for God, because he had just admitted to breaking four out of the ten commandments. God wouldn’t even have to review (as He will) this man’s entire life, but could simply replay this one conversation and he would have an admission to the breaking of God’s commandments. So, I then asked again, if he were to die, and God judged him using this phone call as evidence, would he be innocent or guilty – and he admitted guilt.

I was then able to share the gospel with him, and encouraged him to be reading his Bible every day, and to get right with God before it is too late.

No comments: