Saturday, October 14, 2006

An update...

It seems like it has been forever since I posted. However, the purpose of my blog is not the usual purpose that people have when they blog. My goal in creating this blog was primarily that it would serve as a journal for me – a journal that is a testimony to the Lord Jesus Christ! A journal that would be a source of encouragement when I was discouraged about sharing the Lord with the lost. As such, I haven’t had time to make postings over the past few weeks.

Personally, I was on the road for a month-long ministry trip. I had opportunities to share the gospel through speaking with many, and was even able to speak on the subject of evangelism a number of times. I was able to pass out quite a few tracts. I wish I had come back with many stories about personal witnessing encounters, but I don’t have many stories. I do feel I missed some opportunities to share the gospel – and I have been repenting before the Lord of that.

I have compiled an article about the effectiveness of gospel tracts (primarily in response to Meg’s questions) and am hoping to post it soon. I need to find a way to upload an MP3 file that will accompany the article.

We (as a family, and me, personally) have been unbelievably busy as of late. Not only on the trip (where, in addition to the ministry opportunities and conferences I was at, I was also working every spare moment for my regular vocation). Whenever we return from a trip there is always a lot of projects to catch up on… However, the Lord gives grace, and enables us to accomplish what He would have us to accomplish.

We did go to the homeless shelter for a service today – I’ll post about that bedtime…

No comments: