Friday, February 08, 2008

My Friend Is Dying...

An elderly gentleman that I have been friends with for about a year is dying. A man who chose a sinful life but knows much about God. He is somewhat a philosopher, and we have discussed many of his questions about God and the Bible over this past year. His health has been failing for quite some time.

During one visit he shared with me that he is an angry old man, and when I added “and bitter” – he agreed (with a smile). And, when he smiles his face lights up and his eyes twinkle.

While this blog is primarily a journal of sorts for myself, if anyone does happen to see this note, please pray for him. I don’t know how much time he has left.

Every time I have visited him I have tried to make sure I share the gospel (even if it a summary version of it in prayer). He has almost always welcomed my prayers for him (only once or twice, when I have asked if I could pray for him, has he said no).

I don’t know if there is anything more pitiful in life than seeing a person about to enter eternity who has rejected the Lord Jesus Christ, a person who has shared that they have no hope beyond the grave.

No comments: