Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It’s easy to be lazy. . .

I feel I fail in sharing my faith far more often than I obey and share my faith. Lately, I’ve been a bit lazy and have not attempted to share with some of the telephone contacts I’ve talked with – usually it is with a very poor excuse: being very busy.

However, I’ve been purposing to take the time that it requires to share, and just yesterday and today I’ve been amazed at being able to share the full plan of salvation with an open listener on the phone. Each phone call took between 5 and 15 minutes to share with the person, but each one was open and listened. I gave each of them plenty of “outs” (by making sure they truly had time, by letting them know that if a call came in it was no probably to let me go, and by occasionally making sure they were OK) – and they all continued to be interested.

I pray that the Lord will work in their hearts – especially the gentleman I shared with a few minutes ago. He works at the phone company, and helped me renew our contracts on our regular phone line and long distance. Afterwards, he asked if there was anything else he could help me with – and I branched into the “Good Person Test” with my usual comments (“My business is all taken care of, but if you have a minute without other calls coming in, I have a bit of an off-topic question for you: have you ever heard of or taken the Good Person Test?”). He was open to the test, and acknowledged breaking each one (lying, stealing, blasphemy, murder of the heart, and adultery of the heart). He seemed to realize, for the first time, that anger and lust are truly serious sins in God’s eyes. As we then talked about heaven and hell, he said he “hoped to go to heaven” – but it was obvious he wasn’t sure. The sharing from that point on took a different route as we talked about more about guilt and destination – but he was very open. He promised to consider these things, and, when I apologized for taking his time and hoped I hadn’t been “preaching at him” – he said he truly appreciated me sharing those things with him and that he would take them to heart. What a blessing…

No comments: